Intro. to Journalism will be offered this fall on all three campuses and online! No lines, no waiting! Sign-up now!
- Distance Learning, Prof. Emily Rosado
- online starting Aug. 29.
- CRN: 25124
- Germantown, Prof. Mitch Tropin
- Tue./Thu., 2-3:15 p.m., HS 215.
- CRN: 25126
- Rockville, Prof. Steve Thurston
- Tue./Thu., 9:30-10:45 a.m., HU105.
- CRN: 25123
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring, Prof. Clover Baker-Brown
- Tue./Thu., 5-6:15p.m.
- It’s one class but will use two rooms: On Tuesdays, P3 212; on Thursdays, CM221.
- CRN: 25125.
COMM251 just moved from the English department and now fulfills an upper-level requirement for the Communication Studies major. (Check with your counselor and COMM faculty to make sure you’re on the right track!)
The course is a great introduction to the changing world of journalism.
From the course catalog: An introduction to the fundamentals of journalism and mass communication including advertising and public relations. The course will look at the changing industry and career trends. The course explores media literacy and communications theories through print and electronic media. Writing focuses on generally accepted news writing principles. PREREQUISITE: A grade of C or better in ENGL 101 or ENGL 101A or consent of department.